Party & Halloween Retailer readers: Halloween sales lag in 2017
With Halloween 2017 now in the rearview mirror, Party & Halloween Retailer asked readers how their sales season went. The response wasn’t so good.
Despite the National Retail Federation predicting a record amount of Halloween sales in excess of $9 billion, most of our respondents said their sales were below average.
Sixty percent of survey takers said sales were below par. The large majority of the rest reported only slightly better results, saying their sales were about the same as years past. Below 5 percent said sales were above average.
More Halloween 2017 coverage:
- Rubie’s Howard Beige: ‘Horror is back’
- Wonder Woman tops Google’s most searched costume list for 2017
- Costume-buying season at its peak; find out what’s selling
- Halloween spending on the rise in UK
- University of Texas issues 29-point checklist to students on avoiding offensive costumes
- More Halloween headlines