Georgia governor proclaims ‘Balloon Month’ in honor of international initiative
For the eighth year in a row, Maxine Burton, president and founder, and Bob Burton, CEO, of burton + BURTON have spearheaded the initiative to coincide “Balloon Month” in the State of Georgia via a balloon proclamation issued by Georgia Governor Nathan Deal. International Balloon Month seeks to raise awareness of the joy of balloons as well as to spotlight the economic impact the multi-billion dollar balloon industry has on the state of Georgia and the world.
This year, The Balloon Council is promoting FARADAY‘S FIVE Smart Tips for Balloon Use:
1. “Please secure me with a weight.”
2. “When I‘m made of foil, don‘t let me fly away into the air.“
3. “I love kids. Young children with balloons should always be monitored.”
4. “If I‘m deflated or popped, properly discard me.“
5. “Helium can give you a funny voice, but should not be inhaled.”
Faraday, named for the famed inventor of the balloon in London in 1824, is traveling America to spread the word about smart balloon practices for children and their families. Join your peers in sharing these practices on social media using the hashtag #BeBalloonSmart.
For more information, visit www.balloonsliftup.com for updates and special promotions offered by The Balloon Council.