Halloween & Costume Association starts Halloween petition
In an effort to move the spooky and fetive holiday to Saturdays, the Halloween & Costume Association is sending around Saturday Halloween Movement petition for citizens to sign. With more than 56,000 signatures to date, the goal is to reach 70,000.
It's time for a Safer, Longer, Stress-Free Celebration! Let's move Halloween to the last Saturday of October!
- 3,800 Halloween-related injuries each year. Talk to your kids aboutsafety before they head out!
- 82% of parents don’t use high visibility aids on their costume, be sure to incorporate reflective tape, glow sticks, finger lights or light up accessories
- 63% of children don’t carry a flashlight while they are tick-or-treating. Grab a clip-on light if they don’t want to carry one!Children are more than twice as likely to be hit by a car and killed on Halloween. Discuss safety, pre-plan a route, stay on side walks and use cross walks
- 65% of parents don’t discuss Halloween safety with their children. Talk with your kids and offer ways to ensure a fun and safe experience
- 70%of parents don’t accompany their children trick-or-treating. You’re never too old to trick-or-treat! Grab a costume and take advantage of some good ol' fashioned family bonding!
- 51% Of Millennials say Halloween is their favorite holiday, why cram it into 2 rushed evening weekday hours when it deserves a full day!?!