Five retail trends to watch in 2019
In 2018 consumers have continued to turn to multichannel shopping and seeking out companies featuring products with purpose or focused on a cause. These trends will continue into the new year and redefine retail, according to Jia Wertz, CEO of Studio 15.
In a contributed article to Forbes, Wertz details five trends that will redefine retail in the coming year:
- Brands as a culture: Consumers, particularly millennials, are taking a close look at corporate resonsbility and social consciousness.
- Speeding up e-commerce shipping: The time consumers are willing to wait for a product to arrive at their home is decreasing.
- Experiential retail: Online and in-person stores are becoming destinations as consumers look for engaging experiences.
- Subscription e-commerce: Consumers are looking for personalized experiences and reccomendations from retailers. This has paved a quickly growing path for subscription services.
- Multichannel as the new norm: An online presence can help retailers capture new leads and convert them to in-store shoppers — or vice versa.